|Youssef M.Y. Hilo|
| PROFESSIONAL INTERPRETER
English / French / Arabic
Simultaneous and Consecutive
|Tel: + (962) 79 55 64 724
Amman, Marka Shamaleya
Hassan Bin Thabet Str.
|English, French, Arabic Tour Guide License #579 by the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities of Jordan. Specialized in archaeology, theology and ecology of Jordan, with other tour programs in Syria, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia.|
|Experienced and Expert in practice and courtesies of Simultaneous and Consecutive Interpretation for clients and audiences communicating in English, French and Arabic languages – in speech and written media.|
|TO VIEW OR DOWNLOAD YOUSSEF HILO'S
CV, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK AND SEE MORE ON THIS PAGE, AFTER MY NECESSARY COMMENTS ABOUT
"WORLD INTERFAITH HARMONY WEEK."
The World Interfaith Harmony Week was first proposed to the UN General Assembly in 2010 by H.M. King Abdullah II of Jordan.
Unanimously adopted less than a month later, the first week of February is observed as World Interfaith Harmony Week.
Part of the UN Resolution affirms, "That the moral imperatives of all religions, convictions and beliefs call for peace, tolerance and mutual understanding."
The third principle of that affirmation "Encourages all States to support, on a voluntary basis, the spread of the message of interfaith harmony and goodwill in the world’s churches, mosques, synagogues, temples and other places of worship during that week, based on love of God and love of one’s neighbour or on love of the good and love of one’s neighbour, each according to their own religious traditions or conviction."
As I am driven to reiterate the words and sentiments initiated by His Majesty, it is impossible to not wonder -- and pray -- that the small and inexplicably vicious group, whose actions are so contrary to the UN's "moral imperative," can be transformed into what all peace-loving people of ALL beliefs would prefer to see achieved among all peoples, faiths and religions; not just "interfaith harmony" as the ultimate objective, but as the committed path by which all peoples can improve the individual and collective quality of life, health and happiness for one's self, one's family and one's neighbours, near and far.
Music is a vehicle of communications that frequently transcends differences in alphabet, vocabulary and speech, when the lyrics and melody also echo the moral imperative for peace, tolerance and mutual understanding.
Here is a beautiful example, The Gift of Love, generously shared by Sami Yusuf:
As-salamu alaykum, to all who visit this website and message,
In addition to the client services described below, I was honored with an invitation to speak at the International Conference for Archaeology and History of Jordan (ICHAJ), organised at the Princess Sumaya University for Technology in Amman.
The overall theme of the conference was "Ethics in Archaeology," from the exploration for new sites, artifacts, research of human skeletal remains, site management. conservation, restoration and rehabilitation.
Today, the need and value in the protection of ancient sites goes beyond fending off the thievery of poachers and illegal traders in historic goods. The abject destruction of sites and objects with perverse motives destroys cultural heritage and history.
The subject of my session and presentation was "Jordanian Tour Guides are Potential Efficient Rangers in Protecting and Safeguarding Our Cultural Heritage."
I and the other professional tour guides, licensed by the Jordan Ministry of Tourism, repeatedly and daily travel the key sites in our country that have historic, archaeological, financial and cultural importance and value, not just to Jordanians, but to the world. Our sites and their vulnerability are worth the protection which a program of Licensed Ranger Guides could provide at minimal cost to the Kingdom, but with major benefit to everyone.
I am hopeful my idea and presentation will stimulate further discussions to build such an effort to protect our heritage in a simple, common-sense and effective manner.
|PROFESSIONAL SERVICES||DESCRIPTION AND EVALUATIONS|
Most often requires
Team-of-Two or more
interpreters, and provides:
• Faster Interpreting
• Higher Level of Accuracy
• Better Pronunciation
and Clarity for Audience
Better for conferences,
presentations or meetings
with a more attendees
and/or a great deal of
information to share in
a set period of time.
SERVICES AND EVALUATIONS BY AUDIENCE AND CLIENT:
• Clear, understandable voice.
• Audience easily recognizes "professional" interpreter from alternative.
• Comments about past work in Jordan and international locations include "excellent translation," "clear voice," "delivered correct connotations," "used correct idioms in context with conference theme."
• Pre-session review with speakers.
• Clear and easily understandable voice.
• Focus on speaker's voice, transcript, slides, my notes and audience reaction.
• Team player with teamed interpreter(s) and speaker.
• When necessary, deliver notes to speaker to clarify during conference session or later for speaker's published paper.
• Rated by teamed interpreters and speakers as superb cooperation and superior "team-player."
Better for smaller groups, and interview, press conference, tour group, business or factory education; can provide more of a "personal touch." Relies on accurate note taking to assist in accurate translation.
• Consecutive Interpretation mixes audience and speaker(s) in communicating "back and forth."
• Language fluency and clear, understandable voice bring "audience" and "presenter" together.
• 20 years providing high quality tourism services to English, French and Arabic speaking visitors in large and small groups.
• As tour leader licensed by Jordan Ministry of Tourism, was both "program speaker" and "interpreter."
• High quality interpretation demanded focused listening, quick and clear responses and assisting varied language speakers in the same group.
• 1986 - Academic degree: Diploma in Business Administration, Intermediate University College, Amman
• Currently, a fourth-year student at the Arab Open University, pursuing B.A. Business Studies towards doctorate degree in Tourism Marketing within a planned 5 years time-frame.
• Mentored in specific skills and techniques by veteran interpreters.
• Simultaneous interpreter in practice and experience in English, French and Arabic at various conferences, workshops, lectures, business partnership processes for more than five years.
• English-Arabic interpreter for national economic development conference: "MENA-ENAT First Conference" in Jordan on "Accessible Tourism for All", 11 to 13.12.2013, Aqaba, Jordan.
• English, French and Arabic tour guide throughout Jordan, licensed, by the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities since 1994.
• 2005 – Joined Toastmasters International
• Studied/practiced Mastering Art of Listening and Speaking in a smooth, error-free process
• Competent Toastmaster and Leader, 2006• Advanced Communicator Bronze, 2007
• Independent Service Provider with acknowledged record and style of working as team player with clients, teamed-interpreters, colleagues, audiences and government agencies.
• Always willing to exert extra effort for successful result, whether asked or self-initiated.
|TO VIEW OR DOWNLOAD YOUSSEF HILO'S
CV, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK
|For the most enjoyable and enlightening tours of|
|"The Other Holy Land," Youssef Hilo delivers the best.|